December 19, 2012

Log III. Equal Fanservice, Please.

I would like to make one thing clear. I have no problem with boing-boing boobs in games. What I do have a problem is that it's in almost every game. A good looking guy isn't rare, but definitely not in as many games as big boobed women. I think developers should consider equal fanservice for men and women gamers, in my opinion.
 
 
Another little issue of mine. I'm sure a lot of guys don't like the handsome characters. I have small proof here. It is one person's letter to Playstation the Official Magazine in the May '09 issue, but I'm sure there are other men who think the exact dame thing:
 
"This is a response to Marissa's letter [Boob Tube] published in the March '09 issue.
(I'm not sure if I have that issue, but I will find it and update this post.)
I agree with the fact that there are not a whole lot of games on the market right now that feature a female character in the lead role. I will also concede that there are many female characters in games that are nothing more than laughable parodies of the female body, with gargantuan breasts and slender waists. However, don't you think that guys in videogames have it a little rough also? Personally, my body type could best be described as a square circle, and yet every time I turn on a game featuring a male lead, the guy is tall, brooding, square-jawed, and sporting enough muscle to take down a bull elephant with a flick of the wrist. Don't forget that it's a two-way street."
-PtOM, May '09, letters.
 
As much as I agree with him, I also think it's good for men to feel what us women have been feeling foe centuries. And kindly remember that the gargantuan breasts are clearly fanservice for most, if not all, straight male gamers. Whereas beefed up muscly men are fanservice for quite a few amount of female gamers. Personally, the maximum amount of muscle I like is about Dante from Devil May Cry 4. So, again, as much as I agree with him, I realy don't think the big boobs vs. giant muscles argument is a fair argument (and there have been characters with bigger muscles than Dante).

No comments:

Post a Comment